San Bernardino Railroad Days will turn the Historic Santa Fe Rail Depot back to the last century as San Bernardino celebrates its rail history on April 21 & 22, 2012. Admission is free.
The Railroad displays will include new BNSF locomotives, passenger cars, and the 1927 Santa Fe Steam Locomotive No. 3751. There will also be historic fire apparatus, antique vehicles, model railroads displays and BNSF Operation Lifesaver.
To arrive in style, catch a ride behind a 1927 Santa Fe Steam Locomotive from Los Angeles to San Bernardino on Saturday April 21st, departing at 10:00 am, over the Metrolink San Gabriel Subdivision. The train will return Sunday April 22nd, departing at 3:00 pm, from San Bernardino. Train consists of 6 private passenger cars pulled by the 1927 AT&SF Steam Locomotive 3751:
- “Tioga Pass,” CN business car, built in 1959
- “Silver Splendor,” CB&Q dome-diner-lounge car No. 4735, built in 1956
- “Ocean View,” Amtrak dome car No. 10031, built for the Great Northern’s Empire Builder in 1955
- “Overland Trail,” SP club-lounge car, built in 1949
- “Gordon Zimmerman,” UP baggage car No. 5659, built in 1954 (standing-room-only by four gated open doors; great for picture taking
- An Amfleet chair car
Ticket prices are:
- First Class is $115 for the business car “Tioga Pass,” and in the dome section of dome-diner-lounge car “Silver Splendor” and the “Ocean View” Amtrak’s dome car No. 10031.
- Regular Class is $105 for the lower level of the “Silver Splendor, “ “Overland Trail” lounge car and the “Gordon Zimmerman” baggage car.
- Coach Class is $80 for the Amfleet chair car.
In addition, The Mighty Cash Cats promise to perform a world-renowned tribute show honoring the music and spirit of the late, great rebel country rocker Johnny Cash, who would have turned 80 this year and for whom there remains an ever-growing and fiercely loyal and devoted fan base.
Fronted by guitarist/vocalist (and Johnny Cash lookalike) Michael J, The Mighty Cash Cats cover Johnny Cash’s career from his early hits that audiences all know and love to his final Rick Rubin-produced album “American Recordings” including fun Johnny Cash and June Carter duets. The band also plays Hot New Country Music, Rock ‘N’ Roll, and Blues. The band tours extensively in the USA, Las Vegas, Europe, Ireland and Israel while performing at festivals, fairs, casinos, summer concerts in the park, and corporate events. The Mighty Cash Cats perform on Sunday, April 22. at 1 p.m.
The event is sponsored by The San Bernardino History & Railroad Museum, the San Bernardino Historical & Pioneer Society, the BNSF, and the City of San Bernardino.
San Bernardino Railroad Days takes place around the San Bernardino History & Railroad Museum at the historic Santa Fe San Bernardino Depot, at 1170 W. Third Street on Saturday, April 21, 2012 • 9-5 and Sunday, April 22, 2012 • 9-3.