Old Orange Brewing Co. is north Orange County’s newest brewery and tasting room. Just 10 miles or so over the county line from Corona, OOB’s nicely designed tasting room makes a great day trip or a fun place to drop in while you’re in O.C.
Though OOB has been leasing the space since 2009, the tasting room just opened in July. In just six short weeks, they’ve garnered a large following and plenty of positive reviews on Yelp! The reason is simple: the beer is tasty and the tasting room is fun and well-executed. As if that were not enough, the brewers, old friends from grade school, are fun guys. OK, now for the beers!
- Kolsch Style Ale, A light bodied ale, golden-straw-color and moderately hopped…”light easy drinkin ale”.
- American Strong Ale, Amber in color, delightfully loaded malt taste…. “THIS ALE IS WORTHY”.
- IPA, Pleasant hop aroma with equally hop body taste… “A HOP HEADS HAPPY BEER” This is not your standard West Coast IPA that is over the top hoppy.
- Hefeweizen, a Bavarian style wheat beer, light drinkin with a slight banana edge.
- Porter, A very dark, mild tasting roasted barley beer.. With a hint of chocolate.. “WHO LOVES CHOCOLATE?” This is 9%+, so be prepared for a strong beer!
Old Orange Brewing Co. is located at 1444 N. Batavia, Orange, CA 92867. (714) 744-8410. Tasting room hours are limited: Fri: 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm and Sat – Sun: 1:00 pm – 8:00 pm. For more information, check out Facebook and oldorangebrewing.com.
While you’re in the O.C., check out Bootlegger’s and The Bruery, both in nearby Fullerton.